This IR to serial data converter can be used to create a short range wireless IR interface. The module has a serial to IR converter IC and the IR transmitter and receiver optics. Baud rates can be configured in hardware or software.
Module documentation and application info are available to get you started right away. This is open source hardware, all design files are available.
- 9600BPS to 115200BPS serial data transmission over an IR link
- 2.5V to 5.5V operation
- 1 meter IR communication link
- MODE pin allows baud rate change through serial interface
- BAUDx pins allow hardware selected baud rate
- small footprint - 0.7"x1.0"x0.25" (9-pin SIP footprint)
- comes with solderable header for breadboarding, or may be surface mounted/wired
- ROHS compliant